"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, July 17, 2023

*****Greatest Transforming Force

        In today's Gospel reading from Matthews 10, Jesus laid down the conditions of discipleship: "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Asking us to love him more than our own family? You just don't do that unless you are the Lord God speaking the truth, and I believe that's just the case. Now that's settled, we must love Jesus more than anyone else. The miracle is when we do that, we start loving others as well. God being love, his love turns our to be the greatest force in transforming us. Believe in it and we are saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment