"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, April 7, 2023

**An Innate Awareness

        It's Good Friday. I went to Church 20 minutes early for confession this morning. People had already lined up along one whole wall. As I waited, another lines formed and now there were twice as many people. Three priests worked. That was heartening! My turn came 45 minutes later. I knew for sure that many others waited way over an hour. I attended the afternoon Communion service. Again, the church was packed. The first reading from Isaiah 52 amazingly prophesied the coming of the Savior. The long Gospel reading from John 18 & 19 told how Jesus got arrested, crucified, and buried, fulfilling the prophecy. Many of us resonate with this and decide to give our lives to God. This has to be because deep down we just know that we are sinners and need salvation of our souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment