"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, June 5, 2022

**A Lesson Learned

         When you are ill and not feeling well, you can be in the most beautiful place in the world and it's not going to make you feel any better. Imagine how happy you can be in heaven when you don't ever get sick again. Although I tested COVID-19 positive myself, such self-tests are not always reliable. So I had myself tested again at a hospital this morning and should hear the result tomorrow. So far I have a bad cough preventing me from falling asleep. I called out to the Lord to have pity on me, but the cough did not abate. Last night, I decided to abandon myself totally to Christ and not think about anything else. Surprisingly, the cough left me in peace and I was able to fall asleep. I think there is a lesson here. That is, it is better to trust in God fully than to ask for this or that, for he knows what's best for us. Becoming anxious only shows our lack of trust in him and is thus counterproductive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment