"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, December 5, 2021

***Faith Saves Us!

        Jesus often told those who had been cured or whose sins had been forgiven by him that "Your faith has saved you." Faith is essential for our salvation and experiencing God's wondrous deeds. In my own experience, I can say that as long as I have faith and believe, the end or outcome is not affected by the means I use. Let's suppose that I touched someone serious ill with a relic pertaining to some saint and prayed that he be healed and he got well quickly. This would be because I put my faith in God's power, not in the relic by any means. I could have used some other object; as long as I believed, the outcome would have been the same. Let's remember what Jesus said in Matthew 17:20 to his disciples, "Amen, I say to you, if you have the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment