"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, April 11, 2020

***How Jesus Won Me Over

          Matthew 28.1-10 is today's Gospel reading about the Resurrection of Jesus. It starts out this way. "After the sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing was white as snow. The guards were shaken with fear of him and became like dead men." Let me stop right here. Our Lord never tries to win us over by being self-aggrandizing, intimidatory, or harsh in any way. Seeing his glorious appearance is enough to make you shake with fear or submit yourself to him in joy. This will happen at his Second coming. When I realized his awesome glory, he completely won me over. 
        I resumed reading and the Holy Spirit stirred up a powerful joy in my heart that's so overwhelming that I had to stop reading again. Jesus is more than sufficient for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment