"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, April 3, 2020

*Danger of Being Close-Minded

          In today's Gospel reading from John 10, the Jews picked up rocks to stone Jesus. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?" The Jews answered him, "We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God." Jesus answered them, "Can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."
         The trouble with the Jews was that they already made up their mind that Jesus could not be God, so they disregard all his amazing works. That was making a close-minded condemnation of him. We should be open-minded always, especially when it comes to dealing with such an important issue as whether Jesus is God or not. I knew someone once who told me that he did not believe in Jesus because he called himself the Son of God and also the Son of Man. I believe that if he had wanted to believe, he could have easily found the explanation. We must be fair-minded always, even in dealing with the worst sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment