"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A Disciple's Perks

        I resumed going to morning Mass today, which is the Feast of St. Matthias, Apostle. The Gospel reading was taken from John 15. Jesus first said to his disciples, "Remain in my love." I thought of resting in his love, letting it envelop and saturate my whole being so that his love would not only protect me from evil but also guide and motivate me in everything I do – it was certainly a beautiful image. Then later Jesus said, "It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last." Again, I was impressed by the fact that Christ had chosen me! Of course, he definitely had noticed me and given me my mission. Here's another cause for rejoicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment