"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Truth of What Jesus Said

        In John 4.13-14, Jesus said, "Whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." The Lord has completely quenched my thirst, filling me to the brim. The intoxicating joy I receive from the Holy Spirit does feel like a spring welling up within me. In John 8.12, Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Yes, Jesus makes me see everything clearly, the way to be washed clean by his blood and the way to return to the Father in heaven. In John 14.6, Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life." The way, yes ~ it is through him that we go to God. The truth, again yes, because he is God. The life ~ he is eternal life, the source of life, and through him we gain access to eternal life! The Lord spoke only truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment