"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, May 18, 2015

Sin Is Big!

        After morning Mass at this church I attended as a visitor, I entered the basement chapel to meditate and pray. Afterwards I checked out the Stations of the Cross. At the 7th Station, I read "Jesus exhorts the women to weep not for him but for themselves; weep more for our sins than his sufferings." Jesus really makes a big point here (cf. Luke 23.28). Sin is a big thing ~ it offends God and can destroy us. It is to be avoided at all costs! What we see happening in the world shows clearly what sin can do to us, let alone what it can do to our souls. There is everlasting life and there is everlasting death. The urgency to stop sinning is greater than ever! I am no doomsday prophet, just a present-day realist seeing what Jesus has lead me to see.   

No comments:

Post a Comment