"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Safeguarding the Heart

        Today is The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, a glorious celebration! Although the church I attended just a block away was beautiful, the acoustics were on the reverberant side. As a result, the organ and the solo singer were overpowering and the reader with a foreign accent more difficult to understand. The easy thing is to blame all your negative experiences on the church, that Mass; but the Lord made me see that my focus must be on him alone who would soon enter me to become one with me, and not let anything else disturb me. That is, our heart is to be reserved for God alone and we should absolutely let nothing distract us from our primary focus upon the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment