"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Jesus Speaking Unequivocally

        It seems that what I read in the Gospels now takes on new meaning for me. In today's reading from John 10, Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep. This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father." Of course, I have read these verses or heard them read many times before, but today I heard them and just knew that it's unequivocally the Lord God speaking ~ there were no other possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment