"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Awareness of God's Presence

        Being aware of God's presence is a great gift from the Lord. In the early days when I first accepted Christ into my life, I did not in any way sense his presence ~ I was only intellectually convinced and emotionally ready. Later I did sense his presence, but those moments were brief as a flash of light. When I got involved in the Charismatic Renewal movement within the Church, the Holy Spirit made his powerful presence known to me for years. After I phased out of the movement, I no longer acutely sensed God's presence, but always knew that he was with me. Even through dark periods, I knew that God was just being silent, not absent. Now I happily enjoy the Lord's presence within and around me at all times, as certain as anything I see or touch.    

No comments:

Post a Comment