"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, July 3, 2014

The All-Knowing God

        Today is the Feast of St. Thomas. The Gospel reading came from John 20. Thomas was absent when Jesus appeared to the disciples. They told Thomas that they had seen the Lord, but Thomas said, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." A week later Jesus came to the disciples again and Thomas was present. Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." What didn't stand out to me until today was that Jesus knew exactly what Thomas had said a week earlier and responded to him. Conclusion: every single thought I think, every word I say, and every deed I do, the Lord knows. I feel totally secure!

No comments:

Post a Comment