"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, April 11, 2014

Weeding with God

        I enjoy weeding outdoors by hand around and among the plants. This morning after Mass, while the air was still cool, I started to weed some. When I saw some beautiful red flowers in bloom, I thought of the creative genius of God and appreciated the sense of beauty he had given me. Then I was surprised that a plant which seemed to have been killed by the frost last winter was still alive, for I saw new growths underneath all the dead leaves that formed the dense top. This was like the birth of the new person after the old self has died in Christ. Next I noticed that some weeds looked very much like the good plants among which they grew. I had to look carefully to pick them out. It reminded me of the Second Coming when Jesus would separate the goats from the sheep. Now I could feel the temperature rising and moved into a shaded area north of the house ~ I felt immediate relief and was refreshed. That's how I felt about God at times. After I finished weeding that area, it's time to go inside the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment