"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Revelation + Incredible Invitation

        Today's Communion antiphon at Mass, Matthew 25.40, 34: "Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did it for me, says the Lord. Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."
        We first see that Jesus identified himself with every one of us. Serving others is serving him. The way to endear ourselves to the Lord is made clear here ~ it is a great revelation. Then I heard the second part read and I was virtually shaken ~ it was definitely an incredible, wow moment. To me, in extending such an invitation, the Lord truly showed his infinite mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment