"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, February 16, 2013

God the Sole Soul Healer

        The morning's Gospel message at Mass came from Luke 5. Levi, the tax collector, gave a great banquet for Jesus in his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were at table with them. The Pharisees and their scribes complained that Jesus eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners. Jesus replied, "Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do. I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners." As I received the Lord in the Holy Eucharist, I knew that he came to me, a sinner, to restore the health of my soul. In fact, he is the only one who can get this done! For this, I am most grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment