"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, November 19, 2012

Skipping Trivialities

       I live in a rather rural area. As I drove to Mass this morning, the sky above and everything below looked just beautiful in the early sun light not long after the fresh rain had stopped. Having a photographic eye, I noticed the possibility of getting some good shots of the trees, houses, the field, etc. Even a blue, rental portable toilet on the side of the road looked appealing (once I saw a portable unit with the unforgettable name Wee Chateau on it). In my younger days, I would have turned the car around, rushed back home, grab my camera, and rush right back to start shooting; but today getting to Mass is of foremost importance to me, so I drove right on. 
        Later I thought about the whole thing. Getting good pictures is pure enjoyment ~ I'll have something nice to look at later, and someone may even praise my images. Is that all? It just seems to be self-centered and so trivial! There really isn't that much ultimate value to it, as it doesn't exactly build up my treasure in heaven. Seeing it this way, I am glad that I let it go and shall see things the same way in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment