"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Power Perfected in Weakness

        In today's Second Reading from 2 Corinthians 12 at Mass, Paul talked about his thorn in the flesh the Lord gave him to keep him from being too elated. We're not sure exactly what it was. Paul begged the Lord that it might leave him, but he said to him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." Paul continued, "I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong."
     I see that Paul put weaknesses in the same category as insults, hardships, persecutions, etc. We all have our own weaknesses and Paul showed that we ought to be content with (not to be ashamed of) them. For when we wish to serve God, our weaknesses are invitations to God for him to send his power into us. Accepting our weaknesses is actually a strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment