"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sharing Padre Pio's Thoughts

        It turned out that I have quite a few books on Padre Pio, now St. Pio. I am more interested in his meditations, counsels, and spiritual wisdom than his story. I've started reading his Meditation Prayer on Mary Immaculate, a little booklet, and would like to share a couple of things he said and add my two cents.
        (1) He wished to acquire a love of God that is continually renewed ~ I thought of how I get my love of God renewed every time I receive the Holy Eucharist. 
        (2) Padre Pio considered the Immaculate Virgin Mary the greatest of all the masterpieces created by God's hands. Realize that all of us, who were not conceived without the original sin like Mary, are nevertheless, still amazing masterpieces created by God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment