"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, January 9, 2012

Be like Martha or Mary?

        We are all familiar with the story of Martha and Mary. (If you are not, read Luke 10:38-42.) This morning I heard two men discussing the football game they watched on TV yesterday. I could tell that both were enthusiastic fans by the way they shared what they saw in the game. I realized that I had changed because I felt that I'd rather sit at the feet of the Lord and listen to him talk ~ in other words, I wanted to be like Mary. Of course, at times we need to be like Martha too. Then is it better for us to be more Marylike and less Marthalike? Finally, I realized that I can be like Mary even when I am busy like Martha. I'll simply offer the many things I need to do up as prayers to God for the love of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment