"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Great Feelings at Mass

        I attended the early Sunday morning Mass and received the following.
        (1) The Mass opened with an Amy Grant song: "The Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path..."  What I felt was the absolute clarity of the Lord's message.  Jesus had shown me the clear path to follow to salvation in him.
      (2) Reading 2 was taken from 1 Thessalonians 4.  I felt the bright hope in life which is the Lord and this had made all the difference to me.  Living with hope leads to eternal life, whereas living without, to eternal separation from God.
        (3) During Communion, I felt that the giving from the Lord and the receiving on my part was 100% one-way.  I truly owe gratitude to him.  I survive by his mercy alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment