"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Only the Heart Matters

        God looks at the heart only ~ I have mentioned this at various times in the past.  Today it got my attention again.  My throat felt slightly sore last night and as I was to receive the Lord in Holy Communion at morning Mass, I knew that I must have a lot of bacteria on me and physically, I wasn't too clean either.  I realized that the only thing that matters to the Lord is whether my heart is clean or not.  If it is and is filled with the love of Christ, then it's ready for him.  The spiritual life is really about purifying the heart so that we may approach God with freedom.  When a soul with a pure heart embraces the Most Holy God, it is pure joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment