"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where Is Your True Home?

         This early morning as I drove on the road, I noticed an eerie beauty in the distant scene as I gazed ahead, for there were grey clouds and the sun was not fully up yet.  I  thought of the many other beautiful sights and things in the world and the question "Would you want to live forever in this world?" popped into my mind.  Let's say that you will not even age or get sick, what would your answer be? 
        I know I wouldn't want to remain in this world forever.  There are beauties and pleasures around, but there are also wars, natural disasters, accidents, and worst of all, evil.  As time marches on, I sense more and more that I am just journeying through this world.  Now that I have known Christ the Lord, my true home is definitely not here below anymore.    

No comments:

Post a Comment