"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

We're Living on Borrowed Time

        Photography used to be my hobby and I thought of the many hours I spent in the darkroom.  When I was deeply immersed in developing and printing pictures, I didn't think of anything else.  I was fortunate that I survived those hours ~ what I mean is that I didn't die or anything like that happened during those hours; for life is so unpredictable and fragile.  As if to confirm my belief, yesterday out of the blue an electric outage occurred in my neighborhood ~ the storm did it.  The power was not restored until 24 hours later.  I am now keenly aware that we are all living on borrowed time.  Only God knows the length of each individual borrowing period.  Not making good use of this time is like not reading a book we have borrowed from the library, and that's wasting time.  Jesus' advice on always staying awake and be alert is to be acted upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment