"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Friday, November 5, 2010

We Are Nothing!

        Today during Mass I became sharply aware that I am really nothing.  God created me and put me on this earth; I had nothing to do with it.  He provides for my existence and shapes my life in this world.  Everything belongs to and came from him.  Even my love came from him because he who loved us first has given me the inspiration to love him back.  Without him, I wouldn't be able to love.  This awareness made me realize that I, the whole of me, am totally dependent upon God, and I myself belong to him alone.  It has been a humbling, exhilarating, and liberating experience.             

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this insight. I would add that love, by it's very nature, is created to be returned. If that is even the right word. Love is completely within a relationship, so you are right, you could not love God without your dependency on him.

    ReplyDelete