"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, November 8, 2010

Longing for God

        Today I felt a deep longing for the Lord.  Once you've tasted the sweetness of the Lord, everything else becomes tasteless.  The world is only enjoyable to those deeply immersed in it, but tiresome to those who live in the Lord.  This is only normal in one's growth process and is a good sign.  I still remember from way back that after I switched to color TV, I didn't want to go back to watching shows on black-&-white sets anymore.  Same way with food, music, or the size of the house we live in.  We just move on to "better" things.  Then, once you get to Jesus, there's just nothing better or more satisfying. 
        Today's Response to the reading from Psalm 24 echoes my feeling: "Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face."     

No comments:

Post a Comment