"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Holy Eucharist Appreciated

        As I received the Holy Eucharist this morning, I couldn't help thinking what a special privilege it was to receive the Lord in this way.  In my life I have tasted many different foods at various tables, but to eat and drink at the Lord's table is to partake of a banquet in heaven!  When the disciples first heard Jesus say about eating his body and drinking his blood, they couldn't stomach that and turned away from him ~ they were normal people; they just didn't understand.  Now that we comprehend what it's all about, uniting with the Lord in this way becomes a most moving, intimate, uplifting, and humbling experience.  I was born into this world ~ the purpose is now fulfilled through receiving the Holy Eucharist.         

No comments:

Post a Comment