"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Big Choice

        I posted the last message because the idea had been in my head for a few days.  Now this post is similar in that it also presents a choice, but in a way nullifies that post. 
        It happened at today's Mass, the memorial of St. Clare.  As I was going to receive the Lord in the Holy Eucharist, I saw that LOVE was going to enter me.  And this gentle, yet all-powerful love is stronger than fire because it's going to permeate the core and every pore of my innermost self, consuming all the dross and impurities in my soul and melting my heart to conform to his.  This purifying process is readying me for heaven.
        The alternative is to wait until I get to purgatory and let the fire there do the job.
        I can't imagine that anyone would rather choose the alternative.      

No comments:

Post a Comment