"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, September 8, 2022

***Living in Christ, Huge Deal

        Today is the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, so Happy Birthday to our Most Holy Mom! May we love your Son enough to make you happy. From the Gospel reading from Matthew 1, we heard read that the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him that through the Holy Spirit, a child had been conceived in Mary. She would bear a son to be named Jesus, because he would save his people from their sins. Lately, the Lord has impressed upon me the many basic truths I am already familiar with. So I was struck again when I heard that Jesus would save his people from their sins. I want to let that sink in once more. Yes, it's another huge deal, not to be taken for granted. A little later during Mass, when I received the Holy Eucharist, the Lord entered me to unite physically with me—another huge deal not to be taken lightly. Living in the Lord is surely both memorable and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment