"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, August 21, 2021

**Way to Peace and Joy

        In today's Gospel reading from Matthew 23, Jesus said to the crowds and disciples, "Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted." This great counsel not only shows the way to entering heaven, but also helps me in living my daily life. For example, right now I may get the chance to exhibit my photographs at a museum. (Someone proposed that for me.) That would be nice, giving others the pleasure of looking at some beautiful images. I should feel excited about that, right? Well, not really. If it interferes with my spiritual life and/or get me exalted, it wouldn't be good for me. So I remain calm about the the whole thing. If I don't get that chance, I wouldn't feel disappointed at all. It's in God alone that you find true peace and joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment