"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, May 15, 2021

***All About Love (God)

         I was going to post the message that I love God because he first loved me and that I serve him because he has first called me. God's love is so great that all we need to do is to remain open to him. John who considered himself to be the disciple whom Jesus loved writes beautifully about love in 1 John, his first epistle. I am going to reproduce all the relevant verses below.

           God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him. In this is love brought to perfection among us, that we have confidence on the day of judgment because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. This is the commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.   

          We have Christians today who rightly hate evil but wish that the evildoers go to hell. That clearly cannot have come from God who is love.



No comments:

Post a Comment