"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, June 6, 2019

***God's Most Ardent Desire***

        In this morning's Gospel reading from John 17, Jesus prayed saying, "I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in me, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us," and "Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me." 
        We now realize that we who believe in Jesus are God's gift to him, to whom God has entrusted us! God forbid that we should ever think that we are nobody and that the Lord doesn't care about us. This is confirmed by the fact that Jesus again prayed that we be one with him and the Father. Why isn't there much talk about seeking union with God today? We must not ignore this most ardent desire of our Lord, but embrace it with all our heart and soul! (I still highly recommend reading the book He and I by Gabrielle Bossis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment