"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, October 22, 2018

*Living Your Age

        I am at the age my body tells me that I can no longer grower stronger with muscles sagging, skins wrinkling, and any bruises showing up easily. I can no longer recover from any physical injury as fast as when I was young. I get out of breath easily doing any physical work and trip over things while walking if I don't pay extra attention. By all these signs the Lord shows me clearly that I am living my last days on earth. Not living our age is not realizing that when we are 20, we have likely sixty more years to live and when we are 50, perhaps 30 more years. The big foolish mistake we make is that we plan and live as if we shall last forever. Then when the time comes and we have nothing to show that we have done anything for the sake of God, we'll have wasted our entire lifetime. (I was not able to attend Mass this morning, so I just looked up the Gospel reading from Luke 12 for today. Interestingly, Jesus told the crowd the parable of the rich fool, in which God said to him, "You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?" Jesus commented, "Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God.")

No comments:

Post a Comment