"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, December 11, 2017

*Never Get Sidetracked

        Communion thoughts. I was looking forward to receiving the Lord into me. Then I thought if I were now offered to attend the greatest Christmas party in the world or take the most fantastic vacation there is, all expenses paid, or get a ticket free for the chance of winning a billion dollars, would I skip Holy Communion? The temptation to say yes is great, but I still would choose to receive Christ, for we must keep our journey back to God on track. [Afterthought. What if I were given a billion dollars outright? In that case, I would skip Communion this time, take the money, and plan on giving it away for good causes and resuming receiving Holy Communion tomorrow.]

No comments:

Post a Comment