"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

No Hiding From God

         We had verses from Psalm 139 read at Mass:

         Where can I go from your spirit?
         From your presence where can I flee?
         If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
         if I sink to the nether world, you are present there. 
         If I take wings of the dawn, 
         if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
         Even there your hand shall guide me,
         and your right hand hold me fast.
         If I say, "Surely the darkness shall hide me,
         and night shall be my light"–
         For you darkness itself is not dark, 
         and night shines as the day.

       Yes, God searches us and knows us. Nowhere can we hide from him. If we hide in darkness, he sees right through it. For he does not see things through the eyes as we do – he just knows everything in our heart. That's why those who hide from God do not have peace in them. Advice: Don't ever play hide-and-seek with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment