"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Formula for Freedom

        I thought I would stop blogging after my last post, then I attended Vigil Mass because I must leave home early tomorrow, and the Lord fed me with more thoughts. In the Gospel reading from Luke 9, Jesus said to one who would follow him, but wanted to say farewell to his family at home first, "No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the kingdom of God." I immediately saw the formula for attaining freedom, which is following Jesus single-mindedly and single-heartedly, abandoning everything of the past and of the present. When we leave his world, we'll have to do this anyway to be free, so why not start now when you decide to follow Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment