"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ignorant Living

        I woke up before 5 a.m. Got out of bed and looked out the bedroom window ~ it's still quite dark, but I could make out the trees and rocks with no problem. I knew that soon it would be daybreak. I saw clearly the passing of time and everything else. I would be gone too. Recently, a huge pine on the north side of my house toppled during a storm and badly damaged three other smaller pines as well on its way down. The scenery keeps changing. The last time I went back to the town where I attended college, I could hardly recognize that it's the same town. With wars and fighting going on in the Mideast and Ukraine, people and buildings are being erased from the surface of the earth daily. Yet so many people still go on behaving and acting as if they are going to live forever. Without realizing how transient everything is, especially the human life, they are far from realizing that they are sinners and need God for salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment