"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

To Become like Children

        In today's Gospel reading at Mass from Matthew 18, Jesus said to his disciples, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven." I thought of how I trusted in my parents and grandparents when I was a child, knowing that they supported my living and guided me in all things. I felt good when they held me. I didn't have anything big to worry about and was carefree. Now that I am an adult and know that God is my Father, certainly I should trust in him more than I did in my earth parents. It is time for all adults to become like children again ~ to seek union with the Father and become saints ~ so that we may enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment