"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Relating to the Father

        Today's is the Feast of Saints Philip and James, Apostles. In the Gospel reading from John 14, Jesus said to Thomas, "If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus said to them, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show me the Father'?" Like Philip, we also want to know more, see more, and be assured more. The fact is that the Father is our creator ~ without him, we wouldn't be breathing now. Furthermore, nothing can happen without his permission and everything that happens to us is a calling from him to go closer to him. Therefore, never for a moment should we forget the Father's presence nor forget to relate ourselves, everything that happens to us, everything we do, to his love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment