"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

No Greater Mercy

        The other day I heard on NPR an interview with a girl in Ireland who had an abortion. She felt so guilty about it and became afraid to face God. She's also worried that her fellow parishioners would harshly judge her should they find out. As a result, she stopped attending Mass altogether. It's such a sad story that I wish I could tell her that God's mercy is infinite. Today I've been made especially aware of this great mercy. God has indeed reached his limit, for there can be nothing greater than infinity. Our Heavenly Father is ready to forgive us, take us back, no matter how sinful we are, at any time! The door is wide open for us our whole lifetime. He is making it as easy as possible for us to return to him ~ any difficulty we have has to be placed there by us. It would be disastrous for us if God were just a tad less merciful. He has died in our place and is just waiting for us to accept him. I am not telling you anything new; I just want you to really think about it until you see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment