"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Monday, September 28, 2009

Why Christianity?

         Looking back, I see that I made the right decision.  Here off the top of my head, I am going to list a number of my reasons in random order.
        (1) In Christianity, God entered into our world as one of us so that we can relate to Him.  This unique feature distinguishes Christianity from all other religions in the world.
      (2) Jesus came and sacrificed himself in our place so that the gap between us sinners and God who is holy was bridged.  This is absolutely amazing if you think about it.
      (3) God is pure LOVE ~ not what humans would have expected.  This intangible quality also lead me to believe that there is a spiritual world in which God dwells, distinct from our physical world.
        (4) God is all powerful, yet he is humble and meek ~ another surprising feature.
     (5) It follows that Jesus is not just our Lord and God, but also our brother and servant.  Truly, the mark of an extraordinary God.    
        (6) The miracles Jesus performed as recorded in the Gospels are amazing feats.
        (7) His transfiguration on Mount Tabor is awesome.
        (8) He forgave sins!  Only God could do that.
       (9) He taught us to forgive even our enemies. Such is the immenseness of his  love.
        (10) It follows that he forgave all those who crucified him.
        (11) His rose from the dead ~ this alone is sufficient from me to believe.
       (12) He challenges us to love him above our own family and everything else.  This makes sense only if he is truly God.
        (13) He fulfilled over 300 prophecies given in the Old Testament.
       Jesus looms so large before us that we can not ignore him.  Either He is God or a phony, a liar, or a lunatic ~ there is just no middle ground.  He forces us to respond to his calling.  He makes us feel uncomfortable because we are sinners, yet he respects our free will.  My personal experience after I accepted him into my life confirms that He is indeed the true God.  I'll have a lot more to say about this later.              

No comments:

Post a Comment