"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, January 21, 2017

*Never Mind Being Out of Mind

        In today's Gospel reading from Mark, Jesus attracted the crowd around him, making it impossible for him and his disciples even to eat. His relatives heard of this and thought that he was out of his mind. Once some unbeliever saw that I truly believed in Jesus and thought that I must have lost my mind (gone overboard). In fact, when I first read about Mother Teresa going to Calcutta to live a life of serving the poor and the dying, I thought she must be somewhat out of her mind. Today, if you are extra devout, you may be regarded as being too serious, over-religious, or one who lives in his own world. Of course, we must never set any limit to how much we devote our lives to Christ nor care about what others think of us. Let's live exactly accordingly to how the Lord draws us so that we may remain in his freedom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment