"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Revelation!!

        I really looked forward to going to Mass today.  I received the Lord just yesterday, so why did I feel so "excited" today?  Here's what happened.
        We read about how God spoke to Moses and other prophets in the old days, how various saints and mystics had visions and actually talked to Jesus, and how the Blessed Mother have appeared to many today.  I am sure that many of us have had the thought of wishing that we would experience something like that.  Perhaps it would be so uplifting and make us feel happier.  Well, today the Lord made me see that receiving the Holy Eucharist is a blessing on a level higher and more desirable than all those aforementioned experiences!  This was the first time it struck me this way.  All those experiences are external and are not intended to make us holy, but receiving the Lord himself is a total union that can truly transform us.  Wow! I am now totally content in the Lord.  (How I wish that those who do not believe, the addressees in my last post, would experience for one second what I am feeling and realize what they are missing!)  The Holy Eucharist is the Blessed Sacrament!  Receive it with love, adoration, and reverence as you would the Lord himself and you would be blessed abundantly.     

No comments:

Post a Comment