"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Old Testament Wisdom

        I went to Vigil Mass today, so the readings were the ones for Sunday tomorrow.  Reading 1 was taken from Wisdom ~ 11:22-12:2.  I must admit that I have never read or studied the entire Bible.  For me, the four Gospels are dearest to me, so I'd rather read them again than starting on another book.  Anyway, the reading from Wisdom basically states the following about God:
        (1) The whole universe is as a grain or a drop of morning dew before the Lord.
        (2) God has mercy on all because he can do all things.  He overlooks people's sins that they may repent. 
        (3) God loves all things and loathes nothing that he has made; for he would not have fashioned what he hated. 
        (4) Nothing could remain unless he willed it; or be preserved, had it not been called forth by him. 
        (5) He spares all things because they are his.
        (6) He is lover of souls, for his imperishable spirit is in all things!
        (7) He rebukes offenders little by little, warns them and reminds them of their sins, that they may abandon their wickedness and believe in him.
        I concur with all that's said here.  I shall read more books from the Old Testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment