"Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Make Macho Instinct Extinct

        This morning I had to skip my daily Mass because I felt called to help another person in her ministry.  On my drive to the destination at a red-light stop, I sensed that the driver to my right was going to forge fast ahead when the light changes.  Sure enough, it took off at full throttle ~ even the car behind me decided to change lanes to keep up with the front runner.  I realized that most men have this macho instinct to get ahead of others and not be left behind ~ it doesn't even have to be a race situation.  At the same time I heard words from the Scripture counseling us to be gentle, patient, and humble.  The Holy Spirit won out.  If I want the Lord to take away my ego, I'd better extinguish that macho instinct too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment